Main Courses   Side Dishes   Crock Pot   Breakfast   Baked Goods   Desserts   Miscellaneous

Asian Spiced Chicken Wings

Is there anything better than a slow-cooked hot meal spreading delicious scents throughout the house on a snow day? I didn't think so.

My friend, Whitney, introduced this recipe to us when we were at their house for dinner a few weeks ago. It comes from Today's Creative Crock-Pot and I HAD to have the recipe after we were finished eating. Trust me when I say this meal is amazing. And super easy too.

Ingredients:

3 lbs.        Chicken Wings  - or chicken strips
1/2 Cup    Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup    Brown sugar, packed
1/4 Cup    Ketchup
1 Tbsp.     Dry Sherry
2 Tsp.       Fresh Ginger, minced
2 Cloves   Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup    Hoisin Sauce (I didn't use this)
1 Tbsp.     Fresh Lime Juice


Directions:

Broil chicken for 10 minutes or until each strip is cooked through
Transfer to the crock pot.

In a small bown combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, sherry, ginger and garlic. Mix and then drizzle the sauce over the chicken strips and toss to coat.



Cover; cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. (Ours were finished after about 4 hours on low)



Makes about 6 servings


Click to Print

2 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for letting me sample yours. It was SO delicious! I can't wait to make this for our family. :)

Dareth said...

this looks/ sounds good. I can't wait to try it.