12 thick-sliced bacon strips
1 medium apple, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. ginger ale
1 Tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup apple jelly
4 Tsp. minced fresh tarragon
12 slices sourdough bread
6 slices Havarti cheese
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp
- In a small bowl, toss apple slices with ginger ale and lemon juice; set aside.
- Place jelly in a microwave container on high until softened. Stir in tarragon.
- Spread jelly mixture over 6 bread slices. Top with cheese, apple and bacon. Spread mustard over remaining bread slices; place over bacon.
- Spread the outside of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 20 minutes